Don't put any notes or things you want me to see in the blue folders. I don't check them for things like that. The only time I open the blue folder is when I'm putting a new book in it. When you send something to school that I need to see, it needs to be in the red folder.
You can remind your child when they are reading to you to use their fingers, eyes, and voices all at the same time. They hear me say that all the time so they will know what you mean.
Thursdays are also computer lab days. Some of you have put headphones in your child's backpack and I just want you to know that we are using them. I want them to stay in the backpack until we need them. I think that is the best place to keep them so they don't get lost.
We will go to the library tomorrow. All books need to be turned in by tomorrow morning so everyone can check out a new book.
Remember, the books they are checking out now are one that you should read to them. I want them to hear good stories with great vocabulary. Later in the year they will check out books that they can read themselves and the vocabulary will be very limited. So now is a great time to expose them to words they may not have heard before.
No comments:
Post a Comment