We made it to Friday! The kids have been so good. They have worked hard and played hard. On Fridays, we will break from our normal routine and have more free choice time. So today I introduced "centers".
Fridays will also be the day we do art. We made ladybugs today because ladybug starts with "L". Every week the class will make something that starts with the letter of the week. A lot of the time this will involve paint, so Friday is a good day for your child to wear clothes that can get messy. I really work hard at teaching them how to be careful with paint but accidents happen. I usually end up being the one with the most paint on myself.
We have ladybugs flying all over the classroom now.
I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend.
I'm going to need more snacks for the class soon. If you haven't already sent a class snack, please do so next week. I usually only ask you to send snacks once a month. We have a student with severe allergies to nuts in our class, so please don't send anything with nuts or peanut butter.
No comments:
Post a Comment