We were so busy today that I forgot to take pictures after our first lesson.
We started out the morning talking about the difference between numbers and letters. Letters are for reading and writing and numbers are for counting. Then everyone went to their tables and sorted letters and numbers.
We practiced writing our names and getting the letters placed correctly on the lines.
I'm working on teaching them how to handle books and what it should look like when they are reading.
They have lots of rules and procedures to learn and right now that is taking a lot of our time. By this time next week, I won't have to talk about rules as much and we can get a lot more work done.
In Math, we learned about the pattern blocks. The names of the shapes are kind of tricky but they thought it was fun to try the hard words.
This is a very bright bunch of kids and I can't wait to see what all they can do.
No comments:
Post a Comment